The Ultimate Guide to Rainwater Harvesting
Rainwater harvesting is a process that allows you to catch your own water in the form of natural rainfall and involves advanced water catchment technology and high-capacity storage tanks and continues through purification, making the water useable for any purpose in the home such as drinking, cooking, and washing, as well as traditional uses such as irrigation and lawn care.
Overview of Rainwater Harvesting
Want to learn what rainwater harvesting is and what it’s not? This collection of articles covers how rainwater harvesting works, the history or rainwater harvesting, and everything Knoxville and Nashville homeowners and home builders need to know about rainwater harvesting.
Rainwater Harvesting Storage and Filtration
Rainwater harvesting for residential use involves a system for both storage of rainwater and filtration for drinking water to the home.
- Rainwater harvesting, municipal water, and well water – what’s the difference?
- Rainwater harvesting storage and filtration facts
- Understanding the rainwater harvesting storage ecosystem
- Everything you need to know about rainwater harvesting storage
- “Harvesting at Home” published article
- What Happens if our Rainwater Runs out? ANSWERED
Keys to a Successful Rainwater Harvesting System
Creating an effective rainwater system requires a complete understanding of the environment in and around the home, current Tennessee laws and regulations, and the latest equipment available.
- Types of rainwater harvesting systems
- Rainwater harvesting system overview
- Understanding the rainwater harvesting system process
- Roof types for rainwater harvesting
- DIY rainwater harvesting – yes or no?
- 8 principles of successful rainwater harvesting
- 100 Ways to conserve water
Common Uses for Rainwater Harvesting Systems
Rainwater harvesting has many applications in commercial and residential settings, including drinking water, Irrigation, fire suppression, and manufacturing processes.
- Residential Applications for Rainwater Harvesting
- How to Live Off the Grid with Rainwater Harvesting
- Commercial Applications for Rainwater Harvesting
- From the archives: Rainwater Reliance
- Top 10 Questions about rainwater harvesting – ANSWERED
Find additional resources from American Rainwater Catchment Systems Association (PerfectWater is a member of this industry group.)
Knoxville and Nashville Rainwater Harvesting Gallery
Whole House Potable Water
The goal of this project was to capture rainwater as the primary water supply for the Lowrance family.
Primary Water Supply
Whole House Potable Water
Key Benefits of Rainwater Harvesting
Want to Receive Helpful and Interesting Information? Sign Up Today!
Are You Interested?
Are You a Customer?
Are You a Builder?
Are You an Architect?