This person fulfilling the sales representative role will be responsible for working with homeowners & custom home builders, completing the sale of high-quality rainwater harvesting systems, water purification systems, and other specialty water systems for homes; pursuing leads that are generated via the marketing team; building relationships and other lead generating activities; writing up proposals; and being a positive and authentic representation of PerfectWater.
- Follow leads and engage in prospecting for leads
- Develop and maintain trustworthy relationships with General Contractors
- Perform various prospecting activities aimed at presenting our offerings to builders and homeowners.
- Manage the sales process to conclusion maintaining a professional relationship with all parties
- Maintain an understanding of sales opportunities by tracking subdivision development
- Develop and maintain relationships with alliances, through personal contact, professional associations, and other methods
- Maintain committee level involvement in various associations that are beneficial for networking such as Home Builders Association
- Work shows as determined beneficial coordinating with marketing.
- Maintain activities data daily in company CRM.
- Prepare quotes consistent with the company templates.
- Complete initial company training and ongoing training to maintain proficiency in rainwater harvesting and water quality improvement.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending required educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Acquire professional certifications in the rainwater harvesting and water quality improvement industries that are required by the company
- Attend sales training and sales meetings as required
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Able to communicate with builders and prospective buyers with effective and tasteful persuasion.
- Maintaining a trust producing persona and communication skill, based upon authenticity is critical to the sales strategy.
- Able to work synergistically with others who interface with the sales department.
- Must have a sense of urgency and responsibility about executing the requirements of this position.
- Technical, and personal development education will be required from time to time.
- Competent in Microsoft Windows and standard office software.
- Experience in sales for the home services / construction industry
- Connections within the Nashville custom home building community